Network Rail uses a tendering platform called Monitor. The platform is good for tendering but does not have the entire end-to-end recommendation to completion process built in. This means that additional processes are put in place to complete jobs creating inefficiencies.
Work Delivery is an end-to-end system which takes the recommendation and processes the work through the system to completion.
There are many stages to the system:
- The recommendations are initially uploaded to the system.
- The Site Manager reviews the work on site and turns the recommendation into scoped items
- The scoped items are accepted and sent to a selected number of contractors to tender.
- The contractors review the work and give a price and start date.
- The delivery manager awards the contract. All contractors are informed if they are awarded or not.
- The contractor starts work and uses the original scoped items to close out with a photo and details.
- If the contractor needs an EOT or variation it is raised in the system
- The contractor completes daily reports and site photos
- Planned general inspections are built into the system for site managers.
- Once the job is complete, they close the job n the system ready for acceptance by the delivery manager.
- Work Delivery is the only end-to-end structures examination system created by Network Rail. It has been designed over the past 3 years by Delivery Managers and Site Managers with input from contractors.
- Can be used onsite on Android or iOS.
- The data is saved in real time allowing all parties to see live progress.